Friday 16 August 2013

HELLO and WELCOME!

A big HELLO and WELCOME to my new blog STUDIO FORTY!

This is the place where I'll be blogging about my all my new art, jewellery and handcrafted items that will be available to purchase.

So, first things first....why called STUDIO FORTY?

Well, that's what my new studio is called. If you follow my other blog 'The Six Inch Square' you'll know that last year I was busy refurbishing my home based art studio in order to help kick start off a new little business. The studio was completed (and my business venture started) the year I celebrated my fortieth birthday and I was given a huge birthday badge with the number 40 on it which I hung on the studio door. The studio, from that day, was jokingly christened Studio Forty...

(a corner of Studio Forty - the jewellery workplace)
 

...the name stuck...

...and it was decided that that was what I should call the business too...

...and this blog is about the business, and life in my little Studio Forty...

so naturally it is also titled thus!


I LOVE TO CREATE! I'm a freelance illustrator and artist. My work consists of a variety of art, medium and crafts from paintings and drawings - pet portraits, modern canvaswork, and illustrations, to jewellery in precious metals, polymers and mixed media...and other small hand crafted 'crafty' stuff. I also create personal hand braided horse hair jewellery (made from hair of your horse/pony's tail).
example of my pastel pet portraits
 

Studio Forty will also be incorporating The World of Tatty Button and Agnes the Red designs...PLUS a new brand soon to be launched. Keep your eyes peeled, keep visiting this blog and you'll discover more on those.

I hope to provide you with a variety of things to purchase...from small gifts to larger artworks...from prints, to limited editions and unique one offs....something for everyone!

Thanks for stopping by and reading this...and I do hope you'll visit on a regular basis. Please also spread the word and share this blog....and I can also be found on FACEBOOK

XXXAngeXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment