Wednesday 25 March 2015

CARD SHARE DAY!

Todays post is about a card I have made quite recently and comprises of handmade roses using dies. I'm currently having great fun making all sorts of paper flowers. Shabby chic paper roses are my favourite variety and since I have closed down my website that offered tutorials solely for all types of crafted flowers...and the recent tutorial for the Spellbinders Daisy on my SixInchSquareBlog - daisy tutorial has been very popular I have been thinking of resuming the tutorials on my blog...so keep an eye out...a tutorial for the roses will be posted up at some point.


'YELLOW ROSE' Card

This gently shabby chic card runs with a grey, black and lemon colour scheme. I have used a plain black heavy duty card stock for the base, matted and layered with  pale lemon paper that has been softly distressed and inked around the edges with Distress Inks 'Scattered Straw and Black Soot'. The main layer is a beautiful distressed floral and scroll patterned paper by Efco which again I inked the edges to tie all the piece together. This paper was actually the whole inspiration for the card with a design of roses leaves and scrolls that matched my paper roses and some dies very well. A circular piece of the paper was also cut out ( Spellbinders dies - 'Standard Circles' ) to add dimension and help break up the pattern and provide an offset 'frame' for the cluster of roses.

The roses were cut using a mix of Sizzix Bigz Die Tim Holtz 'Tattered Florals' , Spellbinders 'Carnation Creations' and Spellbinders Donna Salazar 'Rose Creations'. All cut from a plain pale lemon paper  which I then over stamped with distress texture patterned stamps (various makes) and scroll stamps using Scattered Straw and Pumice Distress Inks....and also inked the edges. Using ball end embossing tools I shaped the pieces to create curled and creased edges, then layered them together and glued to form the roses (tutorial to come soon on my other blog).

I made one large rose and two smaller to make a cluster of three....I like using odd numbers and flower sprays of three seem to always look neat and balanced on cards....you'll find this is quite a common thing done by designers. Leaves were cut from the same grey patterned Efco paper as the main layer using Spellbinders 'Foliage' dies.

In black plain cardstock, two small butterflies were, cut using Sizzix Thinlits 'Butterflies 8pk' along with a border strip from Spellbinders (sorry cannot remember die name...will update later), and a thin strip and bow of black satin ribbon....plus a row of three tiny gems in the top right hand corner. All dimensional elements where adhered using Pinflair glue gel and the mats and smaller delicate elements using Anitas Tacky Glue.

Hope you like!

XXX Ange XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment